What is Hypnosis?
There is no magic in hypnosis. It is a naturally occurring state of mind that all of us are capable of doing. You have gone in hypnosis and out of hypnosis (trance) millions of time. Remember a time when you were driving and became engrossed in the scenery? You started day-dreaming and missed your exit. You’ve just experienced hypnosis.
Hypnosis is a beneficial tool and a state to open the door to your subconscious mind, prompting it to pay attention. It cannot cause you to do anything against your free will or ethics.
Hypnosis is a heightened inner directed state of focus and suggestibility. Unlike stage hypnosis, which is used primarily for entertainment purpose only, therapeutic hypnosis gives you a mean to expand the limit of your mental map. You access your inner resources and capabilities to execute and achieve a goal.
A hypnotherapist teaches you how to harness the power of your subconscious mind. His or her task is to bypass the linear function of your mind to engage your nonlinear and holographic processes. Your conscious mind relaxes while your subconscious mind remains alert and receptive to positive suggestions tailored to your specific needs. Positive changes in the blue print occur incrementally.
With hypnosis, goals and a positive self-image can change for you to begin building a new outlook of yourself.
The Two Minds
Brain is the organ. Mind is the brain in action. We have a mind with two separate functions.
Those functions are the conscious mind and the unconscious mind.
Function of the Two Minds
- Current awareness, narrowly focused, can only be
directed on whatever we think is important
- Very good at planning things
- The place where you reason
- Everyday normal state of awareness
- Thinks in sequential and linear way
- Stores your emotional responses and patterns, belief
system, memories values and identity
- Framework of your perception and understanding of
- Storehouse of our autonomic functioning (habitual
patterns, sensation and perception
- Golden chest of wisdom, creativity, resources
- Functions non linearity, and holographical
- Engages in highly specialized skills
- Carries a multitude of functions independently of the
Winnie Ocean offers a free consultation over the phone. Please fill out this form and send her a message.